Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Twilight... Edward & Bella at Prom

The Edward and Bella is an original paper piecing designed by me and my husband, Julio! The piecing was created from a picture of the actors Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, who star in the upcoming Twilight movie! The piecing were cut using my Pazzles Inspiration!! With this machine, the possibilities are endless...REALLY!!

Here is the story behind the paper art piecing...

So you all know that my eBay group is having a Twilighter's Give Blood charity event. Somehow I talked Julio is to making me some paper piecings to go with the theme. He has also read and enjoyed the whole Twilight book series and was happy to help! I found the picture that I liked and he got to work creating this amazing, what I would call art, paper piecing!! I had no idea that something like this could even be created. He acted like it was no big deal! While we were cutting all the pieces out, I was getting more and more excited for people to be able to see this incredible work that my incredible hubby made!! And it got my imagination thinking of what other people to make into a paper art piece! Julio has already started creating the charater Jacob and soon after there will be a werewolf!! Each of them are very time concuming and very detail oriented so I don't know how many of these piecings I'll be able to talk him into creating, but my imagination is going wild with ideas!!

What I used:
Pazzles Inspiration for the Edward and Bella Paper Piecing (of course)!
I also used my Pazzles for the big oval and title (blackjack font) AND
the florishes are from the Pazzles CD Swirls & Twists.
Cricut cart Accent Essentials for the little flowers.
Diamond and Black Diamond Stickles
Diamond Glaze

Sold

Thank you for taking the time to take a look!! :)

Page 1

As you probably can see, I used lots of glitter and glaze...
I love the stuff and can't get enought!! lol!


Here is our one-of-a kind design of Edward and Bella,
dancing with each other at the Prom,
while expressing their love for one another.

Be sure to look at all the details... it took around 10,
yes I said TEN, different colors of paper to
make this paper piecing!!

Here is what the original picture that we used looks like!

Page 2
Here you can see the hidden tags ready for
more pictures or journaling!

This quote is from the last page of the book Twilight,
where Edward and Bella are at the prom.
(sorry, the light in these pics are a little dull,
I wil try and retake them)

Can you see the little love charm at the bottom?
**As far as the paper piecing of Edward and Bella is concerned, my husband and I have put a lot of time into designing and creating this one-of-a kind paper piecing, so please, please, PLEASE, don't replicate it for resale. We consider it a piece of art and should be treated as such.

Thank you so much for all the support, encouragement, and understanding!!

14 comments:

DeeDee said...

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! Kate...Julio is a genious....not to mention YOU....girlie, this is one amazing layout....I mean, this couple looks so life like!!! The colors are AMAZING!!!! WOW, I'm speechless!!! HUGS!!

SparkofWhimsy said...

This is really awesome. And your paper piecing is now having me re-look at the Pazzles. It is obvious that you put a lot of work into this entire piece.

May I ask, on the Edward & Bella piece,is this something that you drew and scanned or how exactly does this work with a Pazzles because I know I'd have a heck of a hard time doing that with my Cricut DS and well...I really LIKE that! (Not to worry on copying, I just mean I like what you came up with art wise. It's fantastic!)

Angelique

Kate said...

Thank you Angelique for you wonderful comments.

To answer your question... my husband is a graphic designer and it the one that actually created the paper piecing in Adobe Illustrator. We found a picture of the actors that we liked and he redrew them and created each color into a different file. Then we just made each color file into a black and white image and copied it over to my Pazzles program. A couple buttons later... you have a image that is ready to cut!! Whala!!

Hope this gives you a general idea of how it is done!! Thanks again!

SparkofWhimsy said...

Kate,

Yes, I think it does. Oooh boy, my husband's just going to LOVE you when I start asking for a Pazzles now, lol. Thank you so much for sharing and also for your compliments on my blog. They really made me smile. :)

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

OK ..... first of all Kate (and JULIO) these layouts are AMAZING.....FABULOUS......SPECTACULAR!!!!!!! Let me just say that I HAD to show these to my sister and niece. My niece has already read the last book that I bought for her at BJ's (much cheaper) and all she does is talk about this series of books. Needless to say, she got her mother HOOKED on them and of course, I too will start reading these LOL

I think your work is awesome. Not only these last layouts but ALL OF YOUR LAYOUTS!!!!!

YOUR WORK ROCKS!!!

CONGRATS TO YOU AND JULIO FOR THESE OUTSTANDING DESIGNS.

HUGS ALWAYS,
T

Edee said...

this layout is absolutely amazing. You and your husband are very talented people!! I wish I had an ounce of your talent! good luck with all your future designs.

Ali said...

Kate!!
I just saw that there's a bit of competition going on over your Bell and Edward Prom layout. That's so exciting!

Tina said...

WOW! What a great job you did. You and Julio did an awesome job on the paper piercing!

Lindsey said...

you make me sick...in a very nice way:) You are so amazingly talented!! What an incredible page!! Way to go!

luvmygirls said...

Great Job! You and your husband are very talented. You make me want the Pazzle hum two words Christmas list

Brens Designs said...

Wow! Totally awesome job on this. I love designing with my Pazzles too. Love your blog.

Squirlygirl said...

Wow Both you and your husband are amazingly talented!! I love all of the detail to this layout. You are certainly one lucky lady to have a husband who will join you in your hobby. (I'm actually jealous!)Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow cool. Did you do that with scal?

Kay said...

Wow! To be honest I'm not really a Twilight fan but that is amazing!! Wow!! I just can't get over it!