Thursday, March 26, 2009

Abby's Baptism Envelope Book...


I made this fun envelope book for my sweet niece Abby who just recently turned 8 and was baptism. This little book was created using envelopes so there would be pockets full of advice and congratulations for her big day! Ribbon always makes me happy so I added loads of it on the tags, the binding and throughout the whole thing! -TFL

What I used:
Pazzles Inspiration for all the words
Zutter Bind It All for the binding
Star Dust Stickles
Autumn Leaves flourish clear stamps
Making Memories flowers
Buttons, ribbon, staples and sewing
All My Memories patterned paper pad


I used the fonts BlackJack & Greer...
The tags ended up having white cardstock on top
of the colored cardstock with the written advice...
Tags poppin' out of the envelope pockets...
And you can NEVER have too much ribbon!! ;)

4 comments:

Tawnya said...

wow, that is really beautiful! I love it! What kind of envelopes did you make it with?

Cody,Kendra,Kendall,Osker said...

love it kate! you did a great job

Mayo said...

What a fantastic Idea! My son is getting baptised in about a month and a half and I have been looking for something to do for him. How exactly did you do this? I guess I can't see how the envelope works. Thanks for sharing

Kate said...

Hi "Robert L"...
You don't really need to use envelopes to make a mini-book like this but the reason why is so I can make easy pockets for all the "advice tags" to easily stick out of! I just lick the envelope shut then trim a tiny bit off the whole bottom edge to make it into a pocket. You don't have to you use envelopes... you could make your own pockets out of cardstock... the envelopes are just easier.

When making the tags... take in consideration the size of your pockets. I've found my favorite size is 5x7 envelopes... then you can make photo mats to fix 4x6 pics.

I hope all that made sense! If not, let me know!